Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Commitment


I am meditating on the idea of commitment today. So many things to do..new ideas...new ventures...I need 5 of me! I'm considering how much easier it would be to fulfill all of our outside commitments if we first held our commitments to ourselves, first and foremost, no excuses. 9:30 am yoga. Here I come. And the rest of tomorrow will flow with ease and grace as I fulfill all of my commitments. :)

A few quotes on the topic of commitment:

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results."

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."

"Commitment unlocks the doors of imagination, allows vision, and gives us the "right stuff" to turn our dreams into reality." --James Womack

"An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises." --Mae West

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal-a commitment to excellence-that will enable you to attain the success you seek"--Mario Andretti

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."--Vince Lombardi

"Commitment doesn't mean that it has to last forever, but while you're there, commit yourself 100%. By doing this, the quality of your life improves 100%."--Susan Jeffers

and most importantly...may we choose our commitments wisely...

"Freedom is not the absence of commitments, but the ability to choose--and commit myself to--what is best for me."--Paulo Coelho




1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, you're inspiring! Sorry I missed you at CHA, I wanted to stop in and introduce myself but you were always busy. I hope you had a successful show!

    ReplyDelete